There’s never been a more exciting time to be designing gardens. There’s a revolution unfolding, fuelled by an appreciation for nature and natural plant communities, taking planting design to places not previously dreamt or imagined. At the same time, there’s sobering new challenges of plant supply that threaten to dampen our enthusiasm and experimentation.
Join several of Australia’s best known plant-driven designers, along with some of the most innovative designers in the world, in teasing apart the joys and frustrations of planting design, and what the future could look like in the planting of gardens and public spaces in Australia.
We’re very excited to announce the ‘Planting Design Symposium’, curated by Michael McCoy and scheduled for Saturday 2nd October, is now exclusively an online event. The event will be hosted live by Michael McCoy, with guest presenters/interviewees including:
- Dan Pearson
- Bernard Trainor
- Nigel Dunnett
- Kate Seddon (Kate Seddon Landscape Design)
- Stephen Read (Stephen Read Landscape Design / Plants and Sh*t podcast)
- Amanda Oliver (Amanda Oliver Gardens)
- Peter Shaw (Great Ocean Road Landscaping)
The benefit of running the event online, other than the option of watching from the comfort of your couch, is that registrants will get access to the symposium content for up to two weeks after the event (via a link). This also means that if you can’t attend the symposium live, you will not miss out on the day’s information and entertainment.
Additionally, we will be developing ‘bonus material’ that will be made available to registrants post event.
How will it work?
- Prior to the event, registrants will be sent a private link, via email, to watch the Symposium online
- At 8.30am AEST on the 2nd October the Symposium will launch (click the link to watch), with official proceedings starting at 9am. We encourage ticket holders to connect early, so that we can have any connectivity issues sorted by 9am
- During the Live event, Michael will intersperse live commentary with recorded interviews with guest presenters
- Registrants will be able to pose questions and comments throughout the Symposium in the chat function
- The program will run for approx. 3 hours (until 12pm AEST), with short refreshment breaks throughout
- Following the event, another link will be sent to all registrants where you will be able to rewatch the Symposium, as well as gain access to ‘bonus material’ such as extended guest interviews
What’s the cost?
$85 per ticket.
How do I register?
Click the BOOK NOW button at the top of the page to get your ticket.
Contact Ash if you have any questions:
0406 587 356